Thursday, October 05, 2006



Dracula Trouble-

As I was doing some digging for info about this monster I came across the history of the real Dracula, and he's every bit of a monster as his legend. Maybe not in the same ways, but it sure gave me the heebie-jeebies to read about him. Yikes! Well, the interpretation you see before you is some sort of variation of the vampires I would have nightmares about as a child. When I started to draw him I didn't know I was going way back into the archives of my memories, but the more he came out onto the paper, the more I recognized him. Oh, great. Now I've got the creeps again, and it's bedtime. How am I supposed to get to sleep now?!

16 comments:

Ryan Wood said...

I really like your take an Dracula, you did succeed at making him look unique and creepy. Nice job, man!

S.D. said...

I just discover your blog and I regret not knowing it before (sorry for my bad english ;) ) I especially like your funny monsters, but this Dracula is very nice too! And now I just like to see more and more little monsters in the future... :)

Kevin Keele said...

This is a great take on dracula. I love it!

S.T. Lewis said...

This is a horrible creature. I love the clothes... how they're all sharp and frayed and stuff. The face is awful. And all that gray with just a little red in the eyes and mouth is a great touch. This drawing makes me cry... a lot.

And to restate my comment from when I first saw this image:
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Wow, you really captured creepy! Very powerful. Leave the light on.

San Diego Art Nut said...

This is such a great portrayal of trouble. And the time of year is right. Good work.

Skid Knee said...

Really awesome Dracula...I think this will guarantee nightmares for me tonight!

Jeannetto said...

Really excellent drawing.

Piotr said...

nice arc, his pose is great!

carra said...

Yikes - scary!!!! Excellent take on Dracula!

Nathan Lindsay said...

so very scary seth...you're talent is. The angry batman is too.

Unknown said...

This are super awesome!

Liz Jones said...

Ooh! Good one!

David Zweig said...

you did that before bedtime?? man...you gots guts. and fingers, apparently. nice work!

Anonymous said...

Good take on the old guy! Niice.

Anonymous said...

This is really very scary, you most certainly nailed it!