Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Trot


One of my family's traditions each Thanksgiving is to run in the Turkey Trot in Orem, Utah. It's a four mile run that takes you around the neighborhood of my old high school. The race starts at 8:00 in the morning, and it is always FRRRREEEEZING. I didn't run in it this year; I was just there for support and to take pictures (although my camera didn't even work because it was so cold). When I first stepped out of my car I was wishing I was running in it, just so I could keep the blood flowing, but my body was obliging by making me convulse uncontrollably.
Still, when all was said and done it was a good memory, and I was glad I went. I got to be around family that I don't see very often, and I ran into one of my best friends, Mary Brickey, from high school that I haven't seen in over ten years.
After that we went home, and I made some yams for the Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's house later that day. I think this was my first real contribution to a Thanksgiving dinner, and it was GOOD! I usually hate the yams, but my secret was to put in so many other ingredients that it masked the flavor of the yams.
When we got to Grandma's we spent the rest of the day eating and visiting with long lost family. It was almost everything I think a Thanksgiving should be. The only thing missing were a few family members, but I'm sure we'll see them sometime soon.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

12 comments:

Happilyeverafterx3 said...

It was super fun wasn't it. Thanks for coming and helping with the fotos. I will try to get some posted soon. Love ya.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Yes, your family is nuts waking up that early to freeze their butts off, but of course every year we go I enjoy myself. I think my favorite part is unthawing in the car on the way home. :) We sure had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I love you and that crazy family of yours.

Xena said...

The color you used on your turkey drawing is very appropriate! I don't think I thawed out until I had already run 2 miles!

Unknown said...

this guy doest look like the one that got away. ( did any turkey get away? )


Sounds like your thanks giving was a blast congrats

Love the design on this guy Seth! Cracks me up

Marcelo Vignali said...

Hey Seth, your profile still says you're in Culver City.

By the way, I remember seeing pictures of your house, but I can't remember what city you are living in. Where the heck are you?

I just ran into Brett, he says hello.

Ken Chandler said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving Seth & family. Great turkey!

Jo Bling said...

Hey fella, hope you had a good Thanksgiving matey.

CJ

Tyler Stott said...

gobble gobble




yu-yah! i like the figures below!

BrandonBeckstead said...

Seth your artwork is always really inspiring! Keep posting!

Stephen Eusebio said...

Turkey! Heheheh, the one thing that was missing at our thanksgiving this year, sadly.

Stephen

J. Martin said...

As always, nice pic! :D

Sebastien Gallego said...

Great character design Seth! I love it!!